- CHECK YOUR FILTERS and change them if you have not changed them in the past 30 days. See if this changes anything.
- Check your thermostat settings and make sure you have the temperature set below the current room temperature and the system switch is on the HEAT or AUTO position.
- Try to get the air conditioner to turn on by lowering the thermostat to its highest temperature setting.
- Make sure all registers are open and not obstructed.
- Check the power disconnect switch by each unit (outdoor and indoor).
- Check the fuse/breaker at the electrical panel for both the outdoor and indoor unit. Do not reset a tripped breaker. They can be very dangerous and may explode.
For Gas Furnace also check:
- Check to make sure the gas control valve to the furnace is open.
- Check the pilot light. (Electronic ignitions will not have a pilot light).
If after going through these do-it-yourself checks you find you still have a problem with your heating or air conditioner system, please give us a call at (919) 886-4822