Alexander Services provides Commercial and Residential Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Service and Repair.
Our office is located in Holly Springs, NC and serves the greater Wake County and Durham County area. We are a fast growing company that is turning the HVAC service industry on its head. this is not your normal HVAC company. You will find the management team so much better than your typical HVAC management or owner. We treat our employees with the utmost respect knowing that we care about you. If you are ready to grow with us, apply for our technician position today.
Description: Posting for January 16th, 2014
HVAC Service Technician to work on service calls for residential and small business units. Must be able to clean, tune and troubleshoot residential HVAC systems. NATE certification is highly desired. Vehicle, uniform and cell phone will be provided. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen. Work is hourly and will at times require weekend and overtime work. This job is highly seasonal and will require more hours during the peaks and there will be ample opportunity for time off during the slow seasons.
- Coordinate and perform service call preparation, completion, and clean-up
- Work during regular business hours and on call as needed
- Weekend work will be required on a rotating basis
- Fully capable of performing full system diagnostics
- Fully capable of determining proper corrective action and repairs
- Fully capable of performing necessary repairs
- Completes all required paperwork and checklists required to meet quality and cost expectations
- Handles emergency service calls as required
- Communicates full system functionality to customers
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Position reports to the senior technician and Operations Manager. Position is accountable for accurate diagnosis, following all quality procedures, documenting entire job details, maintaining a clean presentation, abiding by the dress codes, being on time for work, maintaining truck stock, answering phone calls or returning them within 10-15 minutes, maintain safe work practices, following all company procedures, safe driving habits, and any other accountabilities listed in the position agreement.
- Universal EPA refrigerant certification is mandatory
- H3, H2, H1 licenses are a huge plus
- 3+ yrs experience with HVAC service a must (No one with less experience will be considered)
- NATE certification highly desired
- Must be able to work in crawlspaces, attics, and other confined areas
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Install experience is a plus
- Knowledge of single and multi-zone systems, heat pumps, and furnaces
- Residential and small commercial systems knowledge
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Must have personal tools needed for service work (pumps, vacuum and gages provided)
- Must be willing to work variable hours
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Any refrigeration experience with ice machines or walk in coolers would be highly desirable
Please respond with resume, job history and references